MediaLine Job of the Day….. Weekday Morning Anchor
1011Now is looking for a proven newsroom leader to anchor the market-leading weekday morning newscast, with additional reporting or anchoring duties during the week. We’re looking for an anchor who has a strong drive to be involved in the day’s content, and become a visible newsroom and community leader.
You will need to anchor our market-leading Monday-Friday morning newscast from 5am-7pm. Depending on the candidate, either produce and anchor our mid-day newscast, or turn stories for later newscasts. You will need to be a digital-first journalist, posting compelling content to social media and station digital platforms, You must be involved in helping determine the direction and content of the morning newscast and be involved in the community, emceeing events and making public appearances as requested by the station.
- At least 2 years of professional newsroom experience.
- Anchoring, producing and reporting experience.
- An engaging and comfortable on-air personality.
- The ability to enterprise and produce compelling content from start to finish.
- The ability to use exceptional news judgment to prioritize tasks and assignments.
- Degree in Journalism broadcasting is preferred.
Applicant must have a valid Driver’s License with good driving record. Employment is contingent on successfully passing drug screen and driving record check.
To apply for this job please visit MediaLine.com