WJRT is accepting applications for a full-time Morning Anchor/Reporter in Flint, MI. This next morning anchor will be integral in thinking outside the box when it comes to morning show presentation. They will be joining an energetic and experienced team on the morning desk.
The select candidate is capable of anchoring, reporting, writing, producing, planning, story generation, web posting, videography and editing, and producing news stories from inception to completion professionally, as assigned, via our various and growing media channels, and all on deadline.
The select candidate must demonstrate flexibility in the newsroom and on-air and present an energetic personality while delivering the news. Duties include TV & online news stories that are professionally complete and compelling, anchor newscasts as assigned, present stories calmly and clearly and in a live capacity, appear at promotional functions, operate news equipment in a safe, professional manner, support news promotion, contribute regularly to news coverage and perform duties as assigned.
He/she must also be a champion for online and social media efforts during a critical part of the day for our viewers.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Co-anchor and co-produce weekday morning newscast
• Record and broadcast live local news reports for our local radio partners daily
• Help produce midday newscast and fill-in anchor as needed
• Possess great live reporting skills for field anchoring and breaking news
• Be able to coordinate and conduct live interview segments with guests
• Produce and host weekly public affairs program
• Help post digital content (news stories, interview segments, social media to drive engagement, etc.)
• Appear at various community events that may occur outside normal shift
• Serve as mentor and teacher to team of reporters and producers
Must have college degree in related field or equivalent job experience in journalism related field.
• 3 years Prior anchoring and on-air reporting experience required
• Ability to anchor every type of story
- Posses strong leadership skills, exceptional news judgment and professional knowledge of news operations are required.
- Ability to anchor every type of story
- Be willing to book and perform live in-studio interviews
• Help producer with the morning and midday newscasts
• Write great copy, edit video, and occasionally anchor or report from the field
• Must possess strong writing and information gathering skills
• Be a quick thinker ready for anything, and have strong ad-lib abilities
• Must pass pre-employment drug screening
Position would require relocation to the DMA. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing.
To apply for this job please visit MediaLine.com.