General Purpose of Position: Work with mid-Michigan’s most experienced meteorologist team to generate weather content for broadcasts, web channel and social media.
Job Description: The Meteorologist’s primary focus will be to accurately and quickly forecast weather conditions, create compelling graphics to present that information in an understandable and interesting fashion for across all channels. ONLY applicants who have a four-year degree in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science degree will be considered.
Qualified individuals must have experience with equipment, software and graphic systems necessary to create an accurate and compelling presentation. Knowledge of Weather Central’s Fusion Studio system is a plus. They must be able to work well in a fast-pace, rapidly changing environment, sell-motivated; flexible; extremely organized, very detail oriented; tenacious yet tactful; strong problem solver, able to work well under pressure in order to meet deadlines and will have a positive attitude.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong weather forecasting skills
- Working knowledge of latest forecasting and graphic systems.
- Delivers forecasts in studio and from remote locations
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work any hour of the day when required
- Must provide own transportation to work
- Company must be able to contact you by phone or pager
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be able to work individually, and/or in a group setting
- Should show individual initiative and creative graphic skills
- Other duties as assigned by News Director
- Must demonstrate solid weather and forecasting knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology
- Previous newsroom experience as employee or intern
- Strong graphic skills and ability to think creatively under constant deadline pressure
- Ability to operate computer equipment as assigned
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of graphic and forecasting computers
To apply for this job please visit Medialine.com