KCTV5/KSMO, a Meredith Corporation station, is seeking a Multimedia Journalist (MMJ). The Multimedia Journalist enterprises, researches, writes, shoots, edits, produces and reports news and sports oriented material. The position collaborates with the assignment desk, producers, and managers on story development, and story execution. Must also be able to operator ENG microwave truck, SNG satellite truck and LiveU.
At least two years’ experience in broadcast journalism. Experience reporting (MMJ) news at a commercial television station preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related field or equivalent training and/or experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to blend words and video into interesting and informative television news stories
- Must possess advanced understanding of legal and ethical issues impacting journalism
- Advanced knowledge of the locale, governing bodies, demographics and public figures
- Ability to edit stories as necessary
- Ability to perform quality work in high-pressure deadline situations
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess valid Driver’s License
Travel Required: Approximately 50% – extensive local travel to news locations
To apply for this job please visit Medialinetalent.com