KIRO 7 and COX Media Group, seeks a promotion Writer/Producer who lives and breathes local news and wants to sell a great news brand!
The ideal candidate loves writing, editing, and thrives in a newsroom environment. You will be surrounded by a team that wants to win, that values your expertise, your passion, and your creativity. We’re in search of someone with a positive, can-do attitude, and ambition learn and grow with a talented and supportive group of producers. Come experience the incredible beauty of Seattle and the Pacific Northwest, the exciting atmosphere of a winning station and take your career to that next level, with the BEST media company in the country!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Champion the writing/producing of daily news topicals in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Write and Produce Investigative Special Report Promos and Proof of Brand(POBs) and Image promos
- Part of the creative team responsible for writing and producing PSA’s, station sponsored events, sales promotions, and syndicated promotions
- Will assist Client Services in the writing/producing of commercials, and other sales projects when necessary
- Produce compelling, targeted, and research driven promotion at all times.
- Embrace the use of process language, and sell brand distinction in Topicals, Special Report and Image Promotion
- Act as an integral part of a collaborative team, including the Creative Services Director, Brand Manager, Creative Services Executive Producer and Art Director, to develop and execute the overall graphic design of the News brand
- Must be able to have flexible hours to meet high volume demands in and out of sweep periods
- Must be willing to work extended hours when necessary to meet tight deadlines
- Required to maintain valid driver’s license
To apply for this job please visit MediaLine.com