The Sports Director/Anchor produces and anchors sports reports for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
- Produces and presents sports reports for all platforms
- Ensures that all sports content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
- Writes and delivers sports stories in a clear and concise manner
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating sports programming and other content
- Responds to breaking sports events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required
- Works closely with the sports team to develop comprehensive sports coverage
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
- Shoots video for sports reports
- Sets up, composes and executes video shots
- Maintains video equipment
- Edits video clips for television broadcasts and digital content
- Writes stories for the website and other digital platforms
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
Minimum five years’ experience in sports reporting or anchoring. (More or less depending on market size.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of sports and sports related activities.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Superior on-air presence.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
To apply for this job please visit Medialinetalent.com