One of America’s highest rated metered-market stations in the Midwest is looking for a Chief Meteorologist.
Severe weather and storm tracking on-air, online, in our phone and smart TV apps, is our primary focus.
We have our own radar, fully-equipped storm tracking vehicle, HD Graphics and a team of trained weather spotters in the region to work with our team of meteorologists so they can deliver the fastest, most accurate forecast and severe weather warnings to our viewers and users, to keep them safe. Our station partners with local radio and a newspaper to provide weather content to their audiences.
Weather is our #1 priority, 24 hours a day!
- Candidate must create and follow the stations weather format and action plans.
- Candidate must possess leadership qualities and skills and serve as a mentor of the meteorologist team, in helping them grow, improve their forecasting, tracking and weather story telling skills.
- Must have the ability not only to forecast in our weather market, but also have the ability to communicate that forecast in a way that viewers will understand, and know how the weather will impact their lives.
- Qualified candidates will be proficient at updating online forecast information, using social media, and creating compelling digital-only videos.
- B.A Degree in Meteorology, Atmospheric Sciences, or another meteorology-focused curriculum, Science, Journalism, or Communications
- 5+ years television meteorologist experience
- Completion of Certified Broadcast Meteorology (CBM) program strongly preferred
- Requires strong computer skills, communication skills and leadership skills.
Please include link to your weather reel, including recent live storm tracking examples.
To apply for this job please visit MediaLine.com