WAVE 3 News has an immediate opening for a Morning Anchor/Reporter.
We have strong ratings, solid resources, and a dynamic, experienced team both on-air and behind the scenes.
Now we’re looking for a high-energy anchor to add to our Sunrise team.
The perfect candidate will be able to take our chemistry to an even higher level, and connect with viewers both on the air and through our digital platforms.
Working with our top-notch EP and producers, our anchors are heavily involved in the editorial process both before and during the newscast.
We expect that leadership to extend beyond the anchor desk, so duties will include a mix of long-form and daily reporting, working alone when necessary.
* Anchor Sunrise newscast as well as other newscasts as assigned
* Engage audience with the Sunrise newscast and the WAVE 3 News brand through social channels and personal appearances
* Participate in daily editorial decisions and long-term strategic newscast initiatives
* Enterprise, shoot, write and edit news stories as assigned
* Be a leader of the news team and a trusted editorial voice
* Four-year college degree
* At least three years newsroom experience, including significant anchoring
* Strong writing skills and editorial judgment
* Ability to shoot and edit on deadline
* Strong understanding of digital and social platforms
To apply for this job please visit Medialine.com