WJRT is accepting applications for a full-time Morning Anchor/Reporter in Flint, MI.
This next morning anchor will be integral in thinking outside the box when it comes to
morning show presentation. They will be joining an energetic and experienced team on
the morning desk.
The select candidate is capable of anchoring, reporting, writing, producing, planning,
story generation, web posting, videography and editing, and producing news stories
from inception to completion professionally, as assigned, via our various and growing
media channels, and all on deadline.
The select candidate must demonstrate flexibility in the newsroom and on-air and
present an energetic personality while delivering the news. Duties include TV & online
news stories that are professionally complete and compelling, anchor newscasts as
assigned, present stories calmly and clearly and in a live capacity, appear at
promotional functions, operate news equipment in a safe, professional manner, support
news promotion, contribute regularly to news coverage and perform duties as assigned.
He/she must also be a champion for online and social media efforts during a critical part
of the day for our viewers.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Co-anchor and co-produce weekday morning newscast
• Record and broadcast live local news reports for our local radio partners daily
• Help produce midday newscast and fill-in anchor as needed
• Possess great live reporting skills for field anchoring and breaking news
• Be able to coordinate and conduct live interview segments with guests
• Produce and host weekly public affairs program
• Help post digital content (news stories, interview segments, social media to drive
• Appear at various community events that may occur outside normal shift
• Serve as mentor and teacher to team of reporters and producers
• Must have college degree in related field or equivalent job experience in journalism
• 3 years Prior anchoring and on-air reporting experience required
• Ability to anchor every type of story
Check out Medialine to find out more information.