WKBW, the Scripps ABC station in Buffalo, NY, is searching for an Executive Producer for the Morning Show. We want someone to improve our product, grow the talents and skills of the people on our staff, and strengthen our ratings on television, and grow our audience on digital and social platforms at the same time.
We want someone to help improve the quality of our AM newscasts. We need someone with a strong producing background who has a proven track record of thinking big picture.
This person will implement best practices in production and content to grow our audience, especially those in targeted demographics. You’ll also still get to find and tell great stories.
We want candidates who already understand what works well on social media. The ideal candidate will bring leadership, energy and experience to the position.
Scripps leaders are trained and developed to lead for the present, and groomed for future opportunities in the company.
- Coordinate content and presentation across all platforms (broadcast/digital/social).
- Supervise pre-production and live production to ensure quality and ethical standards and cooperation between production staff and editorial staff.
- Supervise the writing of content, including but not limited to stories, tease, headlines, digital copy and social posts.
- Manage schedules, overtime and performance for assigned direct reports, including but not limited to semi-annual reviews.
- Monitor real-time digital analytics to guide editorial and showcasing decision-making.
- Demonstration of editorial judgment. Knowledge of journalistic ethics and applicable laws.
- Develop other peoples’ skills and leadership. We need someone who can show they have history of growing others, especially producers.
- Listen, learn, assess challenges and opportunities, collaborate to find solutions, and implement change. You should have a healthy appetite for risk in trying something new.
- You must be good with multitasking and prioritization in order to meet deadlines.
- Even in an active newsroom, you should bring an easy-going, confident attitude to be able to fit in with and lead our team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience/Certifications:
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication or related field preferred.
At least 5 years of journalism experience.
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
- Ability to create tactics and strategies to increase demo performance in key target areas for multiple platforms.
- Have working knowledge of federal, state and local laws impacting operations.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Broad understanding of newsroom operations and equipment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
To apply for this job please visit MediaLine.com