KOTA/KEVN-TV in Rapid City, South Dakota is seeking a general assignment reporter/MMJ.
Looking for good storyteller who has a nose for news. Will also handle some producing duties for newscasts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging and accurate manner
- Use editorial judgement and leadership to help determine content of the newscasts
- Work alongside the producer and team to create unique, fast-paced newscasts with impact
- Use social media to determine content of newscasts and highlight big social stories
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance newscasts and stories.
- Post daily to all digital platforms and social media including attaching images and streaming video.
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
- Generate investigative stories using sources to dig deeper
- Produce newscasts as assigned
- Perform other tasks as required including but not limited to filling in for producers and anchors of other newscasts
- Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
- Must be able to generate good solid story ideas and be self-sufficient.
- Bachelors Degree
- Must be able to shoot and edit and have good driving record.
- Live in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota.
To apply for this job please visit MediaLine.com